[thelist] Problems installing IE4 from browser archive on Win95

Yodan Tauber yodan at tauber.co.il
Fri Oct 14 13:38:28 CDT 2005

Hi Everybody,

I can't install IE4 (SP2) from the browser archive (on Windows 95, running
on Virtual PC, and
with no other version of IE installed on that system): every time I try, I
get the error message "Setup was unable to download all the required
components for this installation. The Internet is likely busy...".
Evidently, the IE setup tries to download files from Microsoft's server
(which are obviously gone) even though all of the cab files ARE available
locally in the same folder as ie4setup.exe (that's how it was extracted from
the archive I downloaded from evolt's browser archive).

Does anyone know how to force ie4setup to access the files locally?

Thank you,
Yodan Tauber