[thelist] Selling over the internet - UK law

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Oct 25 16:39:45 CDT 2005

> Am I right in thinking that, being a genuine mistake, my client is not
> obliged by law to honour the transaction? Can they offer a
> refund, or to
> sell the product at the right price? Or are they legally bound to sell
> the product at the price paid?

No legal advice 'cause I'm not a lawyer/solicitor/barrister/whatever.
Instead, a customer service suggestion: unless it would be a financial
hardship, I would congratulate the purchaser for catching my error, see
the humor in it, and thank them for their business, asking that they
keep this in mind next time they buy. And institute safeguards to
prevent it from happening again.

You'll get PR worth more than 35 anythings. And you already got
troubleshooting input worth more than that from the person who caught
the error.

joel