[thelist] softsynth install trouble

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 00:28:51 CDT 2005

I downloaded Audacity audio editor from sourcforge. It
works okay as music composition tool.

Now I want a softsynth. I downloaded Crytal and the
Sony AcidXPress I think it's called.

Both of these softsynths appeared as desktop icons,
but in each case, when I clicked on them, I got a
message to download, and when I clicked Yes, just to
go along, it said the file already exists.

In both cases, I went round and round.

What is wrong here? I moved the icons to Recycle Bin,
now I can't find the files on my computer. Oh, I found
Acid Xpress, in Run Program, but same thing happened:
message to download, then "file already exists".

What can I do to install or activate these things?

Using Windows XP, broadband cable, Firefox.

Thanks.

Steven Streight
Streight Site Systems
Web usability & blog consulting.