[thelist] Mozilla JavaScript Drop Down Menu Problems

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Thu Oct 27 10:37:20 CDT 2005

Hoping there are a few JS experts here who are willing to lend a hand:

In any Mozilla browser (I'm using FireFox) take a look at this page:

http://site5.dev.completeconsulting.com/contentdisplay.asp?id=home&level=554

The problem is that the dropdown menue does not collapse if your mouse exits the dropdown list from anyplace but the patent link.  Run your mouse down a list of links and then exit your mouse w/o going back to the top -- the list stays  :-(

Take a look at the source code: I am no JS guru, but I'm guessing the problem is here...

function closebox() {
	if ((boxover == false) && (linkover == false)) {
		if ((ns) || (ie)) {
			if (ns) { themenu.visibility = "hide"; }
			else { themenu.visibility = "hidden"; }
			boxopen = false;
		}
	}