[thelist] UPS vs DHL

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Thu Oct 27 13:01:20 CDT 2005

Erik Heerlein asked:

> am looking to add either UPS or DHL and was wondering if
> anybody has had any experience implementing either one of
> those carriers into their site and if there are advantages or
> disadvantages to either one.

I implemented UPS in an ecommerce app. We ran into a slight problem. It
turned out that the UPS class wasn't accurately calculating the shipping
costs that the client was paying when they shipped out of the store. We
actually have to add 2.5 pounds to each order to get the numbers to come
even close to being right.

Randal Rust
Covansys Corporation
Columbus, OH
Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email.