[thelist] simple css help

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Fri Oct 28 14:24:23 CDT 2005

On 28 Oct 2005 at 13:09, Casey wrote:
[...]
> Boy, you said it.  I'm ready to bang my head on a very think brick wall.  I
> added the css tags, put id=linkthinig in the table, and then removed all the
> ugly onmouseover and out commands from both the td and the a tag.  I also
> removed a background tag from the <tr>

there's a lot of weirdness in that code... for example, a <b> opens
within a <font>, but doesn't close again...

regardless, do you have a version with the changes posted somewhere?

overall, if you dump all the JS, it should just work... but i can't
see what might be competing without an example...

sadly, i am running in and out this afternoon with meetings, so i
can't hang out too long...

> The result is that the background is not rendered at all, and the text link
> works as it should, but only when you hover over the text and not the td.
[...]

the style on the <td> should just work... it did in the example...
however, inline JS or CSS style attributes can override that...