[thelist] CF: Entity Annoyances! Baffled!

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Mon Oct 31 18:01:49 CST 2005

At 05:25 PM 2005-10-31, you wrote:
>It would seem that MySQL previous to version 4.1 has difficulty handling
>extended ASCII.  Perhaps the character conversion is failing in the
>conversation between the DB and the DB driver.

That's certainly a good venue for my server, but my development machine is
using 4.1.12a-nt., and I'm still experiencing the issue.. Here's an
interesting distinction. One of my apps doesn't have this issue. The
difference? When I get info on the table, the CREATE statement ends this
way "ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1", whereas  my new one doesn't.
Looks like I've got to update the table with a different charset.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.