[thelist] site check (accessibility)

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 01:18:56 CST 2005

> > I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve accessibility
>
> Looks like you haven't done accesskeys.

Which don't necessarily enhance accessibility:
http://www.wats.ca/articles/thefutureofaccesskeys/66

> > And is it okay that pages link to themselves in the navigation?
>
> This is a usability issue rather than an accessibility issue, and it is not that bad for a navigation menu - this practice is worst when it is the homepage linking to itself.

A superfluous link _is_ an accessibility issue and most of the time
bad usability is also bad accessibility. So, yes, pages linking to
themselves are not a good idea.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com