[thelist] Strange IE behavior

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:40:27 CST 2005

Hello all - I've been getting reports that the site I maintain at the
Missouri River Regional Library is crashing IE 6.0 on a fair number of
computers. This just started happening on Monday (right after the server on
which it lives was patched), so I figured the server was the problem. After
moving the site to what will be its new home on a brand-new server, however,
the problem is still occurring. I have not noticed the issue (mainly because
I only surf in Firefox, but even when I use IE, it doesn't happen on my
computer), but I've witnessed the browser closing with a "send error report
to Microsoft" box every time certain other computers hit the home page of
the site. I thought I'd run it past you all to see if (1) it happens on your
computers and (2) if you see anything in the code on the page that would
cause this. I'd appreciate any ideas!! The URL is http://www.mrrl.org.
Usually, you can access the page, but as soon as you try to click a link or
click any other area of the page (system tray, especially), the browser just
gives up and goes away. Thanks!!

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com