[thelist] Strange IE behavior

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:25:34 CST 2005

On 11/3/05, Roger Newbrook <roger.newbrook at scientiasolutions.com> wrote:

> hi robin,
>
> it just crashed for me ie 6.0 sp2 windows xp. (9am GMT)
>
> on loading the page after a few seconds, for some reason, my machine
> opened
> acrobat. once acrobat was open, the browser crashed. i tried again, the
> same
> behaviour occurred (acrobat opened or seemed to) but the site didn't
> crash.
>
> roger

Roger - thanks for looking at it for me. We just tested it on a machine here
at work and, even though the Acrobat program had been updated, the EULA
hadn't been accepted by the admin. IE crashed. We went in as Admin and
accepted the EULA - IE stopped crashing. What gets me is that there is
nothing on that page that should call the Acrobat program. No PDFs or
anything that Acrobat should be reading... I'm going to be doing some
research on the Adobe site today to see if this is a known issue. Thanks for
your help guys!!

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com