[thelist] cause of flickering in Firefox?

bill bill at first-encounter-design.com
Fri Nov 4 03:50:48 CST 2005

Hi there

I'm developing a site which can be found at
http://www.first-encounter-design.com
<http://www.first-encounter-design.com/>  Haven't done any real testing yet
but it displays well in IE6, NS7, Op and FF all on win xp.

When the page first loads in FF, the right hand scrolling div flickers as if
it's reloading two or three times. If someone would take a look and suggest
where I could start to fix this, I'd appreciate it lots. Maybe it has
something to do with the images loading?

The style sheet (still in pretty rough shape) is at
http://www.first-encounter-design/css/main.css

As an aside, in my css I've written corrections for IE. I'd like to put
those in a CC. My question is, can a CC in IE link to another stylesheet,
say ie.css, or something, or do the rules have to be written in each page?

Thanks for any help.

Bill Scheider