[thelist] Who really turns off JavaScript?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 11:09:54 CST 2005

--- Ian Anderson <ian at zstudio.co.uk> wrote:

> Actually, the screen readers in widespread daily use (e.g. JAWS,
> Window-Eyes, Hal) are designed to work through a recent version of
> Internet Explorer for Windows, and so support JavaScript functionality
> identically to IE.

Ah! Now I did not know that...

> It's a common misconception that screen readers are text-only,
> non-JS-capable user agents.

Again, I was ignorant of that. And that's kind of what I mean by perpetuating the myths... Now I
suppose the question would also be, for a user of JAWS say - even though it does support JS, are
THEY turning it off in that UA?

http://www.pixelmech.com/

A man spoke frantically into the phone: "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart"! "Is this her first child?" the doctor asked. "No, you idiot!" the man shouted. "This is her husband!"

Q: What do you call a muddy chicken who crossed the road two times?
A: A dirty double crosser...