[thelist] ASP tip - server.transfer

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat Nov 5 05:40:39 CST 2005

The only usability issue I can see here is dynamically constructing content
and serving it through a single URL. But that caveat applies to *every*
dynamic website out there, regardless of whether it uses Server.Transfer or
not.

Perhaps you can show me/describe some kind of use case that demonstrates how
Server.Transfer brings additional issues to be aware of. However at this
stage I'm not entirely sure what the point of your warning was. Let's not
raise warnings about non-existent issues, or raise warnings about particular
technologies where the real issue is something else.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Robert Gormley
Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP tip - server.transfer

It's not any different - but as Matt said, can also lead to usability issues
if a user is moving through a site but through the magic of Server.Transfer
is actually making different page requests. That being said, where I've builr
'applications', I've also used it.

Not an inherently flawed method, by any means, just points that people should
be aware of when using.

Rob