[thelist] ASP tip - server.transfer

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Sat Nov 5 06:21:10 CST 2005

Absolutely it is. Perhaps I chose to mention it here because I got
bitten by it a while back, specifically with ServerTransfer ;)

> Perhaps you can show me/describe some kind of use case that
> demonstrates how Server.Transfer brings additional issues to
> be aware of. However at this stage I'm not entirely sure what
> the point of your warning was. Let's not raise warnings about
> non-existent issues, or raise warnings about particular
> technologies where the real issue is something else.

It doesn't, as such, and I didn't mean to imply that it did, or was
fundamentally broken - more a "by all means, use things like this, but
be aware of 'x' which can occur..."

But yes, as said above, "be aware of 'x' which can be a problem when you
think it's cleaner to have everything display with the one visible URL
and navigation dealt with transparently by the server.

Rob