[thelist] Hypercell doesnt validate

Eduardo hut at hockeymail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:05:41 CST 2005

Hello.

I have a page that doesn't validate (W3C HTML) the hypercells on the
menu. That's the code:

<TD width="15%" align="center" valign="middle" class="hMenu1"
onMouseOver=this.style.backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
onMouseOut=this.style.backgroundColor=""><A
href="../card/index.php">cards</A></TD>

and that's the error msg:

Error /Line 144
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brasmontreal.net%2Fcgi-bin%2Fclassificados.cgi&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&outline=1&sp=1&verbose=1#line-144>,
column 104/: an attribute specification must start with a name or name
token .

|...nMouseOver=this.style.backgroundColor*=*"#FFFFFF" onMouseOut=this.style.backgro

More specifically, the error points to the equal sign for the bgcolor (|
|backgroundColor*=*"#FFFFFF")|

Any idea how I could fix that? Fix the code or just change the whole
thing for a clean crossbrowser hypercell will do, whatever is best!

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo