[thelist] Turning on .htaccess in Apache Mac OS X

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:55:48 CST 2005

> Hello,
>
> How do I turn on .htaccess in my Apache on Mac OS X? I seem to have to
> put an AllowOverride All somewhere, but the Apache documentation is
> totally silent on the actual file I have to put this in. Besides, OS X
> is very adept at hiding all important Apache files.
>
> Could someone please tell me what to add to which file, and please
> specify a complete path name? Thanks.

You normally just create a file called .htaccess and define the
settings in that one. Seems that OSX hides all files starting with a .
(hence all the .DS_store files on PC shares). Try using the shell
instead of finder.

http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=81372
http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml

--