[thelist] Getting all IP's

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Nov 9 08:46:33 CST 2005

Scott Wolpow wrote:

> I sell on eBay. On my selling page I have my graphic. That graphic
> lives on my server. When eBay creates the page it requests the image.
> Hence using .htaccess I can prevent mass downloads.
> Unless i am confused here.
> Scott Wolpow

Let 'em steal your images. But, water mark them with your ebay store name.

putting:  http://stores.ebay.com/yourstorename
on your images will probably help pay for the extra bandwidth.

Plus, you can tell if someone is using your image...  Ebay has strong
policy's against using other peoples images on their auctions.