[thelist] Weird ASP.NET problem

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Nov 10 11:29:57 CST 2005

   It might help to know what line of Javascript is causing this error.  The rendered HTML of the page would be good to have (send a link if you like to avoid posting all of that to the list).

 From: Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com

Hello,

I am trying to write some ASP.NET (C#) code that will
copy the information entered in certain fields
(current address) to certain other fields (permanent
address) when a checkbox is clicked. I used an example
listed on a microsoft website to build my code but
when the checkbox is clicked, nothing happens. The
page seems to have some sort of Javascript error (this
Javascript is generated by the ASP.NET page)

"error: object doesn't support this property or
method"

A stripped down version of the code is given below.
Any insights would be greatly appreciated as I have
been staring at this for over 2 hours and cant seem to
figure out what is wrong. Googling this problem brough
up posts from other folks who had the same problem but
no resolutions.

Thanks,
Asif
http://www.sinletter.com

--------------BEGIN CODE------------------------------

 void Check_Clicked(object sender, EventArgs e)
 {
 if(SameAddress.Checked)
 txtOStreet1.Text = txtCStreet1;
 else
 txtOStreet1.Text = "";

 }

 void Submit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {

 panelForm.Visible = false;

 MyHeading.Text="Thank you. Your request has
been submitted.";
 MyHeading.Visible = true;
 }

type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

Runat="Server">

cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" width="650"
border="0">

 width="400">
Current Mailing
Address
	 width="250">

cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" width="650"
border="1">

 width="150" height="25">
Street
1 	 height="25">
Street
2* 	 height="25">
Valid
Until 	 height="25">

cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" width="650"
border="0">

 width="400">
Permanent
Address