[thelist] photoshop: rounding corners on a rectangular image

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Sun Nov 13 21:15:48 CST 2005

yay!   thanks, Chris, I managed to figure it out.  & those links are
fantastic and will keep me busy for hours building shiny flaming
bevels...

for anyone else who's wondering, it's kinda like this (I'm using
Adobe Photoshop CS on OSX).

1. you have to make sure the shape is a path (which is setting you
need to select on the shape tool.  It off to the left in the shape
selection bar; it looks like a little pen in a box & is called
"paths")

2. with "paths" and your shape of choice selected, draw your shape on
the layer you want to modify.

3. "control click" on the path (windows) or "control shift click"
(mac).  this should give you a menu of options.

4. select "make selection"  then "new slection" This turns your path
into marching ants. (hurrah!)

5. select -> inverse... and chop out everything around your shape.  & voila!
cookie cutter shapes!  & just in time for the holidays.

thanks again.

Erika