[thelist] Destroy and search - Update

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Mon Nov 14 18:47:30 CST 2005

1) I'm respondinding in a new reply as I can't remember if I committed the
sin of just replying to a post and changing the subject, something I'm used
to amongst my Outlook Express friends

2) I worked out a solution, and it's quite simple:

Using Verity as the search engine, I index a batch of poems in Collection A.
I then merge this collection with Collection B (initially blank)

I delete the poems.

Come the next batch of poems I repeat the process, overwriting Collection A
with the new batch, and merging that with Collection B.

Collection B is the master collection containing all the indeces of poems
received over time, Collection A is temporary.

It works.

If anyone knows if and how I can do this with MSSQL full text catalogues, or
if as suggested these catalogues actually contain the entire , intact poems
I'd appreciate the feedback.

Until them I'm going with Verity.

Have fun, I lurve you guys.

Chris