[thelist] Javascript: Multiple Selects

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:00:58 CST 2005

> I need to implement a multiple select for news stories.
>
> For example two columns, one column listing all the available
> stories/categories and you either click add/remove to choose which
> stories you want, which shows in the right column (or mabye even drag
> them).
>
> I'm sure i've seen examples of this but can't seem to find any right now.

There are a lot of old and bad implementations of that. The most
annoying thing about all of them is that without JavaScript, nothing
happens. I had this on my to-do list for quite a while.

I've taken a different approach in this example:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/complexdynamiclists/

Bobby van der Sluis did quite a good example:
http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/articles/unobtrusivedynamicselect.php

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com