[thelist] Using audio on websites

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 00:54:37 CST 2005

+1 for flash.

I used it in here ( http://tinyurl.com/99tse ) and four or five
similar sites without any problem.

The player reads from a sample XML file which is generated querying
the DB, it has a rating mechanism (a song scores +1 rating when
someone listens to it, only memebers count on rating and a member can
vote only once within a certain time interval to avoid abuse)

There are many samples you may find around. You may easily modify
their actionscript and look&feel to suit your needs (provided you are
competent enough in flash & actionscript)

Even in case you don't know actionscript it does not have a very steep
learning curve if you know javascript and oo concepts (I modified the
player to suit site's needs in less than a week -- though I am not a
flash guy the project made me learn a lot about flash -- especially OO
side of it).

HTH
--
Volkan Ozcelik