[thelist] recommendations for repartitioning windows 2000 server C:drive without data loss.

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 05:48:37 CST 2005

Thank you Ken and Hershel.

Here is my emergency plan if you are interested in hearing it:

1. Uninstall non-system fonts that are mainly used in graphics design
(around 400 meg)
2. Remove windows update setup files to another drive. (that's a huge
amount of file)
3. order acronis disc director (for servers) trial version.
4. Move the contents of application data to another place (just a
temporary action to gain some more space)
5. back up my data.
6. run acronis to repartition C: drive and pray.

I am on the fifth step right now :)

After finishing everything I think I'll have around 15Gig of free
space. That will be enough for me until the next system crash.

I think I'm gonna try to change the locations of local settings and
application data in a more spare time.

Thanks again for your ideas.

Cheers,
--