[thelist] online image manipulation application???

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 01:20:55 CST 2005

On 11/21/05, Andreas Wahlin <andreaswahlin at bredband.net> wrote:

> Or do not merge the pictures at all, but just save the offset
> information for them generated during the drag&drop. This of course
> has the possible disadvantage of an image not looking the same in all
> browsers due to differences in CSS implementation.
> It would though give advantages, since you could then outline the
> "extras" at all times (or other simmilar effects), even after a save,
> since they'd still be separate images.

Theoretically, you might be able to do this with flash as well. Have the
user upload the image, then as they compose the new image, just save the
x,y,scale co-ordinates for each item that they drag-and-drop. Then, once
they are finished, send this info back to the server and have something like
Image Magik create the new image.

(Or course, I have no idea if this would actually work)

Another option would be to create the whole thing as a Java Applet. At least
there you would have the full power of Java at your disposal.

Chris
--
www.fuzzylizard.com <http://www.fuzzylizard.com>