[thelist] Classic ASP: Someone else's code

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Tue Nov 22 12:33:00 CST 2005

Yup.  I think this was a clumsy way of making sure that the var contained at least an empty string (if not spaces and assorted other chars), although I don't remember what it might have contained for such a contortion to be necessary.

 From: Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at THERMON.com

[snip]
if trim(Contact_First_x) & "" <> "" AND trim(Contact_Last_x) & "" <> "" then
[/snip]

if all of the whitespace is removed from Contact_First_x & blank are not
equal to blank

AND

all of the whitespace is removed from Contact_Last_x & blank are not equal
to blank

do something

is what this appears to be.