[thelist] Request to a page shows the page's code rather than it's contents...

Andres Mercader AMercader at Counterp.Com
Thu Nov 24 04:53:49 CST 2005

Hi list,
By mistake I discovered this "behaviour" in a website in our intranet:
a "normal" url would be something like http://mysite/songs/ which
would load in the browser the index.cfm page for the songs.

However if I type something like http://mysite/songs/;/anypage.cfm
I get the full source code of the index.cfm page of the songs section,
even if anypage.cfm doesn't even exist.

Why is this? I assume it's some kind of Apache mis-configuration but
can't figure out exactly what is wrong. This is the entry for that
particular website in the Apache httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost *:80>

 ServerName mysite

 DocumentRoot "/var/www/mysite/httpdocs"

 #ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/mysite/cgi-bin/"

 ErrorLog  "logs/mysite/error_log"
 CustomLog "logs/mysite/access_log" combined

<Directory "/var/www/mysite/httpdocs">
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None
  Allow from all
  Order allow,deny
</Directory>

#<Directory "/var/www/mysite/cgi-bin">
#  Options ExecCGI
#  AllowOverride None
#  Allow from all
#  Order allow,deny
#</Directory>

Alias /includes/ "/var/www/mysite/includes/"

<Directory "/var/www/mysite/includes">
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None
  Deny from all
  Order deny,allow
</Directory>

Alias /files/ "/var/www/mysite/files/"

<Directory "/var/www/mysite/files">
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None
  Deny from all
  Order deny,allow
</Directory>

<Location "/siteadmin">
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "mysite"
  AuthUserFile "/var/www/mysite/pwd/passwords"
  Require valid-user
</Location>

</VirtualHost>

Thanks