[thelist] bad sql data

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Nov 27 19:29:41 CST 2005

I'm not sure what you mean by "out of range" dates. If the dates were not
valid, then they would never have been accepted by SQL Server in the first
place.

So, the dates are valid /dates/. However, as far as your business rule goes,
they should have been interpreted differently. So the dates are only
"invalid" as far as your business rules go - not bad dates per se.

This business rule however is unknown to SQL Server. It's an arbitrary rule
that you've come up with. So you need to define this rule in terms that SQL
Server understands. If you can explain the rule to us, we can write you an
SQL statement that SQL Server understands.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Robert Vreeland
Sent: Monday, 28 November 2005 6:20 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] bad sql data

Hello all,

Here is the problem:
Our app and backend ms sql is designed to run on a server in a US time zone.
One of our clients reset their server to a European time zone, we caught it
and set it back. The problem is now the date fields are mixed - some US and
some European. My question is, how can I get the sql server (ms sql 2000) to
test / report on / for out of range dates?

Thanks
Robert Vreeland