[thelist] SEO for small customer base

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 10:04:32 CST 2005

I have a customer who sources and supplies parts to the rail industry both
light and heavy - specifically overhead lines - worldwide.

Its not the sort of thing yer average Jo is looking for on Ebay.

Has anyone experience in promoting to a niche market that's not consumer
oriented?

The search terms will be pretty specialized and I would think many smaller
and national business directories would be unsuitable partners.

I'm thinking Google, Yahoo etc will be useful as will directories such as
Kompass.com, Business.com, Thomas Global Register.

Any little gems of wisdom to fuel my research?

--
Chris Price

Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk