[thelist] JavaScript: style.display

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Wed Nov 30 10:33:26 CST 2005

> Casey wrote:
>> P.S. The app is classic ASP, but I think that won't matter as this is all
>> clientside issue.
>
> Well, that's part of your problem. A fully client-side solution probably
> isn't best. However, you could do this fully client-side by saving the
> state in cookies. Maybe a series of bits (or the hexidecimal
> representation if you're worried about the cookie filesize limitation).

Cookies.  Good idea.  But I was also hoping for a simpler, faster solution
that would involve a few tweaks of the JavaScript in question.

--- borrowed from another reply on the same thread --

This is the same project I've been working on for a while -
I took it over from a guy who quit and none of the original code if mine.
The parent page is 3,000+ lines of code, and the JavaScript is already
heavily embedded.  I BEGGED the client to let me re-do the entire app in
.NET, but it was a no go.  So, I am stuck with the JavaScript.