[thelist] REO for small Local customer base

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Thu Dec 1 05:47:32 CST 2005

On 11/30/05 11:04 AM, "Ken Moore" <psm2713 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> is SEO any good for small local customer bases such as for Real Estate,
>insurance and doctors offices?
>
> First, do people really go to the internet to find a local insurance agent?
>
> Second, would they be able to find one local agent out of 100,000's listed
> in directories and with their own sites?

1. & 2.  Yes.  If it is a local company, I'd say to optimize the site for
local searches.  For example, there's little to no chance that I could
optimize my personal Web site to make it into the top 10 in Google, Yahoo,
MSN, etc.; but it is very likely and - currently the case - that I can make
it into the top 5 (even a few #1) in the big three search engines for local
searches.

For example, if the real estate agent in based in Nashville, TN, then
optimize your site (correctly) and have the best content out of the
Nashville competition, and you will be in good shape for when people search
for "Nashville, TN Real Estate agents"

Local companies/businesses, especially Real Estate agents, are mostly
interested in local business as a number 1 priority, and then nationwide
secondly.  Real Estate agents, often times, only have a license to proactive
in their native sate.

Last, and most importantly, if you build a Web site using standards-based
techniques, you've already done half of the SEO already.

--
Jono
Designer | Developer | Illustrator