[thelist] HTML Mail in Browser-Based Email Clients

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Dec 1 08:30:33 CST 2005

For whatever reasons there may be, my client wants HTML email to be sent
by his estore.

Gmail absolutely butchers it. A simple table with two collumns and text
in each renders in IE at Largest text size one on top of the other! Even
if I fix the font size in the embedded style sheet.

In looking into solutions, I found two resources. Perhaps others have more.

<tip type="HTML Mail in Browser-Based Email Clients" author="Hershel
Robinson">
HTML mail does not render as expected in many browser-based email
clients, including some fairly popular ones. Two resources with research
on this subject:

http://www.eroi.com/resources/testing-email-in-gmail-hotmail.htm

http://www.lyris.com/resources/articles/200510say_it_with_style.html

</tip>