[thelist] Google results report way over the number of indexed results

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Dec 2 15:32:13 CST 2005

Chuck Gartland wrote:
> On 12/1/05, Chris Hayes <chris at lwcdial.net> wrote:
>
>>anybody noticed Google reporting up to 10 times the number of results it
>>actually has indexed?
>

> No. I tried to recreate this but couldn't.

I know what he's talking about.  On initial page load, you'll get 10
pages or so with the arrows over the "ooooooogle" part of the links.
But, by the time you get to page 3, you're out of results and all the
other pages of links aren't there any more.

And it's not even because of the "similar" filter either.    I've seen
this countless times, but I can't think of a certain phrase off the top
of my head.