[thelist] a good DOM menu javascript?

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 05:26:35 CST 2005

> To make the context clear: I am looking for a way to let the user easily
> select one from 300 employees to see his or her records. Some
> departments do have more then 50 employees. Perhaps I should stop
> thinking about any menu, I should use a pop-up search form.

No need to pop up the search form, just leave the form and the results
on the same page. In this case a search for is definitely the right
option.

There is a slight difference between making it easier for the user to
choose quickly and smother him with too many options.

One other option could be this one:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/complexdynamiclists

but 50 is just too many options to have as a sub-level.

Think of an employee list as a product database, you don't see amazon
listing "all hardcover books"

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com