[thelist] Combining multiple files and html into a PDF for download

Matt Harris mhspam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:18:05 CST 2005

We create a lot of application systems for our clients (in ASP). A standard
application consists of information about the applicant (HTML), their resume
(doc, pdf, rtf, txt...), and a few other uploaded documents.

Lately our clients have been clamouring to have all of these documents
combined into one PDF, for easy download. I have heard of this done, but I
can't seem to find a good way to do it. We are looking for a tool (or tools)
which will do the following:

1. Combine multiple files types into one pdf (html + doc + html + pdf = 1
pdf)
2. Allow multiple people to be able to use it at the same time (preferred)
3. Create a PDF on demand, rather than at a scheduled time
4. Ability to convert / combine at least these file types (pdf, doc, rtf,
txt), however, other files types would be very helpful as well.
5. Ability to control page breaks would be nice
6. Ability to do this with one tool in one process, if possible...
7. Have a one-time license, a per server or even a per domain license, but
would like to keep it under $100 per domain. If there is a really cool tool
for more than that, please let us know as well.

Does anyone have any information on this? We've been looking for a good
solution for about a month and time is really catching up with us.