[thelist] CSS 0px image replacement

Danny King danny at rootshell.be
Mon Dec 5 12:38:50 CST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking into image replacement using CSS and have a good idea on the
various popular methods mentioned on the main sites, however one technique I
noticed whist looking at someones source doesn't seem to documented widely.

Rather than shoving the text off the screen with a huge negative indent, the
text size was set to 0 (and a background image loaded in for the div). This
seemed a neater (and nicer) way of doing things.

I was wondering if screen readers actually read text with a size of 0? Are
there any issues with this sort of image replacement?

Many thanks!
--
---------
- Danny.