[thelist] IE variable passing + anchor problem

Bernardo Escalona-Espinosa escalonab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:21:13 CST 2005

Hello List,

Today someone reminded me of this problem, which i posted on the list
nearly a year ago and still is without solution.

Suppose I want to send a variable through the url to the next page, but also
go to a specific section of that page. Then the link looks like this:

href="page.php?variable=123#section"

It works wonderfully on firefox but not on IE. The variable is passed fine,
but the anchor is not. When page.php loads on Firefox it takes me down to
the section where i have the anchor, like its supposed to. But on IE it just
stays there, at the top of the page, like the anchor info hadnt been
received.

Bug in action:

http://bernsonline.com/img_photos/2005_11_hamburg/slideshow.php?img=1#top

Berns