[thelist] dim variables in include file (traditional ASP)

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Wed Dec 7 11:31:43 CST 2005

On 7 Dec 2005 at 9:23, Canfield, Joel wrote:

> In an effort to create code modules I'm putting oft used snippets in
> include files. But it appears to be parsing the VBScript before the
> includes, resulting in 'variable is undefined' errors, among other
> things.
[...]

includes are handled before any ASP processing...

since you call includes outside of script blocks, is it possible your
include doesn't have the script blocks in place within the file?

are you calling includes within functions or subs? perhaps resulting
in variables that don't get set globally?

are you calling the include at the top of the ASP page, for setting
variables (for example) or inline to insert a function/sub/etc. (for
example)?

without seeing the structure, hard to debug...