[thelist] Fw: A Little Query Question

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 00:42:10 CST 2005

> Undoubtedly you will get more than a handful of ways to do this with a
> single query, but I would propose that using a single query isn't going to
> be the most scalable option.  Instead, I would suggest that you create a
> stored procedure along the lines of the following:

I once had done pagination using a temporary table and a stored procedure.
It worked pretty well.
However, it's impact should be investigated on a high-load environment since you
may need to use cursors in some situations (we did but cannot remember
the reason). And you are creating and dropping a (temporary)
table.Which may affect performance.

Just my personal idea though, I've not benchmarked or tested anything.

HTH
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/