[thelist] 301 Redirects OK with Firefox, not OK in IE

jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Thu Dec 8 14:14:53 CST 2005

Thanks Mark.  So it appears that everything is in order, and I don't need
to worry about the shenanigans and monkey business mentioned in link [5]
at threadwatch?  It is still odd that Firfox understood it, while IE
choked on the .htaccess file, ins't it?

If I were to upload a .htaccess file (say, for a custom 404 page), would I
need to drop it into "www" or "/" or "public_html"?  I'd drop it into the
"/" (root) directory, right?

--
Jono Young
Designer | Developer | Illustrator