[thelist] basic flash tutorial (for photo "slideshow")

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:49:15 CST 2005

On 12/8/05, Sarah Adams <mrsanders at designshift.com> wrote:
> I've been asked to create a very simple flash animation for a client.
> Basically it's just going to display a bunch of photos, which should
> fade in and out to create sort of a slideshow effect, completely
> automated, no buttons or anything.
>
> Even if someone could just point me to a step-by-step that would show me
> how to fade one photo in to another, I might be able to figure things
> out from there.

This should be quite simple to build once you understand the basics.
It involvles creating symbols of each photo then using alpha fades.

Simple fade tutorial:

http://www.webworksite.com/textfade.shtml

Use the above technique using photos, do each photo on a new layer and
indent them so as one fades out one fades in etc. You have to repeat
the first image at the end so your loop will work correctly.

good luck

ben