[thelist] Customizable Help Desk Solution Needed

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Fri Dec 9 08:35:02 CST 2005

On 9 Dec 2005 at 8:39, Norman Bunn wrote:

> I have a client who has a client who needs a web-based system to track
> "technical requests" that are specific to his/her industry.  I was
> thinking maybe a help desk system or even a forum could serve as
> starting point.  Can someone point me to some possible starting points?

preferred language? necessary features?

i implemented a third-party help desk package for a client over a
year ago, and they are pleased with it... part of the requirements
were that it be in ASP, and that the source code be part of the
license so that i could customize it by adding in additional
applications...

email me offlist and i can give a little more detail...