[thelist] RSS and PHP error reporting

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:21:30 CST 2005

On 12/12/05, email <email at timburgan.com> wrote:

> Hello
>

> Is it possible to have PHP errors be added to an RSS feed, instead of into
> a log file?
>
> Any ideas as to how to do this?
>

> Tim
> --

I'm not sure of the security on this, but couldn't you have your
php.inifile dump errors to your text error log, then write a script
that read that
file, parsed it into RSS format and published it to a .rss (or .xml or atom
or whatever) file? I imagine it would be a matter of opening the file with
the PHP file functions, reading the text and writing it in proper format.
I'm not aware of any already written solutions for this, but it shouldn't be
*too* difficult to figure out! It isn't a bad idea, actually. I may have to
give it a try myself...

--
Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com