[thelist] Playing a sound on a button/image click?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 08:45:38 CST 2005

Hey folks,

I'm currently working on a kiosk design project, going to be delivered as a .Net application, so
my part of it is pretty much HTML. We need to play a simple sound on button/image button click.
Aside from using Flash, is there a good way to do this with plain old HTML? I know I can load a
file, for example in JS, but what I really need is *instant* feedback - a click noise for example.
It can't wait even a tenth of a second while some sound loads. Any ideas are appreciated!

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: “That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen.” The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: “That driver just insulted me!” The man says: “You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you.”