[thelist] MySQL and phpMyAdmin on Windows Server

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Dec 15 04:27:22 CST 2005

My host runs:

Operating System  	Linux
Apache Version 		1.3.33 (Unix)
PHP Version 		4.3.11
MySQL Version 		4.0.25-standard
phpMyAdmin Version	2.6.4-pl2

I run on my development server:

Operating System  	Windows 2000 Professional
Apache Version 		2.054
PHP Version 		4.4.0

Everything on both servers works very nicely. What I need to add now is
MySQL and phpMyAdmin to my Windows box. In theory, this should be a
fairly straightforward process. Or one would think it would be:

1 Download the install program.
2 Install.

I tried something like that, however, on another Windows box and I could
not get phpMyAdmin to work. The MySQL Control Center (or some such name)
GUI worked fine but phpMyAdmin seems to have a LOT more features,
particularly some that I need.

So my question is, what do I need to know to install MySQL and
phpMyAdmin to my Windows box?

Thanks,
Hershel