[thelist] flash or DHTML for slide show ? was basic flashtuto rial (for photo "slideshow")

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Dec 15 09:02:15 CST 2005

> I'd say if you do not know much JavaScript yourself, Flash might be an
> easier option.

And while there are plenty of other Flash sideshow apps out there, I'd
highly recommend looking into Todd Dominey's Slideshow Pro[0]. It is easily
customizable even for the people who don't know a lot about Flash. I use it
in conjunction with Bobby VanDerSuis' UFO 2.0[1] to serve up a slideshow for
our city's Historic Preservation Awards[2]. If the person doesn't have Flash
or the appropriate version of Flash, the content gets served up as regular
old HTML styled with CSS.

Regards,
Ron

[0] http://www.slideshowpro.net/