[thelist] Site Check - add content?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Dec 20 09:48:17 CST 2005

Message from Tony Crockford (12/20/2005 08:50 AM)

>On 12/20/05, Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, duh! But, how is that ironic? All it does is emphasize to anyone
> > looking at the CSS that the paragraphs are set to the user's default -->
> > preference.
>
>no, that's not the case.  *you* have set the font-size of the
>paragraphs to medium
>
>p       {
>         margin-top: 0;
>         font-size: medium;
>}
>

>so explain to me how that is different to me setting the font to small?

In this case, consulting the CSS spec may answer your question.

"The 'medium' value is the user's preferred font size and is used as the
reference middle value."
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#font-size-props

This doesn't mean that I agree with Felix's single-minded devotion to
font-size setting as the apparent be all and end all of web design tenets.
But then, I personally don't suffer from any major vision problems (yet).

regards.
-marc