[thelist] Flash experts? Flash and Ajax?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 12:11:29 CST 2005

Hi there,

 Continuing on with my game idea, I'm finding implementing a good isometric grid in html problematic (not unexpected.) I suppose I could look at Flash, but I'm wondering if it has the ability to work asynchronously with the server like Ajax does. Does Actionscript have such tools? It has been literally years since I have touched anything in Flash, so I am wayyyy behind there.

 Essentially I want to build the back end with Ruby on Rails and a mySQL database. I just am ignorant of how Flash could interact with these tech's. Any input is appreciated!

 Thanks

 Tom