[thelist] PHP comment spam

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 07:56:09 CST 2005

I'm getting an awful lot of spam to my blog at the moment, but because
I wrote the system myself there's no built-in comment spam prevention.
Does anyone know of a good PHP function/class that I can pass the
comment text to and get a "spam score" (a bit like SpamAssassin does
for email), which I can then use to decide whether to accept, moderate
or delete the comment? I don't really want to try and pull the comment
spamming code out of something like WordPress as it's probably too
integrated with the rest of the system.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

--