[thelist] I need a new registrar!

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Mon Dec 26 10:38:31 CST 2005

patrick <pms at stoutstreet.com> wrote:
> Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>>  It's time for me to get a new registrar. For some time I have been
>> with gandi.net. I've been a bit put off by their technology not
>> improving and a few other minor things. Anyways - who does everyone
>> use? I want one place to have all my domains which has a friendly
>> and effective online control panel, the whole deal. Also want an
>> established company, not a new one - and preferably a U.S. company.
>>
>>  Thanks for your suggestions.
>>
> We use Go Daddy for several hundred domains. Not a bad system and
> prices are good. Auto-notifications of pending renewals are very
> helpful.

+1 for GoDaddy.  I've been moving my domains to them for a while now, as
they renew, and am very happy with them.

Not only is GoDaddy a U.S. company, your customer service calls are
handled not outsourced or offshored (you actually speak to someone who
speaks your language!) and when there is a hold time, you can press a
button to turn off the hold music -- now that's thinking about customer
service :-)

I'm still a bit put off by all their pressure sales to convince me to
use them for hosting and email and SEO and DNS and everything else they
sell, but their prices are the best and the control panel does
everything I need it to do.

Many of my domains are still at OpenSRS (and some will always stay
there) but their prices are too high, these days.

-dave