[thelist] Javascript Date Picker

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Jan 10 13:34:42 CST 2006

Seems that this subject has not been broached in quite some time here. I
am looking for a popup date picker. I don't want it to popup a new web
browser--I prefer that it pops up right on the page. Enabling Javascript
is already a prerequisite for this limited-audience site anyway, so
that's not an issue.

I found this one:

http://www.blueshoes.org/en/javascript/datepicker/

which seems nice (and is free).

This one however:

http://software.future-shock.net/html/date-picker.asp

claims to be valid XHTML, which is a plus.

This one:

http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/

actually appears to be the 'slickest' one, but may have too many
features and could be confusing to use. I think however that it could be
edited and made more simple. This one is a SourceForge project.

There are a LOT of other options out there. Anyone have experience with
anything else?

Thanks,
Hershel